Friday, October 2, 2009

Sarah rides the school bus home

Sarah wanted to ride the school bus home since the first day of school. I wasn't sure if she was old enough or that she may be scared riding it for 1 hour home. After sitting in line for 45 minutes to pick her up from school, I started to change my mind. We let her ride the bus home and the first day or so she said it was great, but come to find out she was crying at school and telling her teacher she didn't want to ride the bus. When we found out what the problem was, she said it was because she had to sit next to an older boy. When I talked to the bus driver about this older boy, I found out he was only in the first grade. I told her to finish the week out riding the bus and if she didn't like it I would pick her up from school again. The bus driver realized how upset she was so she switched her seat so she would be sitting with a kindergartner. That is all it took and now she loves riding the bus! I have to admit I like her riding the bus too. It has been about a month now since she starting riding the bus, and she has made several friends, and thinks it is just the greatest thing. I just wonder how long she will be this excited and think it is cool to ride the bus.



Sarah's first day riding the school bus.


Sarah is loving riding the school bus.

1 comment: